Coaches, Team Managers and Club Officials
Set the standards for a great game.
Use your position to set a positive example for the people you’re responsible for and lead a better game for everyone.
Play your part and support The FA’s Code of Respect.
On and off the field, I will:
- Always show respect to everyone involved in the game.
- Stick to the rules and celebrate the spirit of the game
- Encourage fair play and high standards of behaviour
- Always respect the referee and encourage players to do the same
- Never enter the field of play without the Referee’s permission
- Never engage in, or tolerate offensive, insulting or abusive behaviour
- Be aware of the potential impact of bad language on others
- Be gracious in victory or defeat
- Respect the facilities home or away
When working with players, I will:
- Place the wellbeing, safety, and enjoyment of each player above everything.
- Never tolerate any form of bullying
- Ensure all activities are suited for the players’ ability and age
- Work with others (e.g. officials, doctors, welfare officers, physiotherapists) for each player’s best interests
- Be familiar with club Safeguarding Policy
I understand that if I do not follow the Code, I may be:
- Required to meet with the club committee, league, or CFA Welfare Officer
- Suspended by the club from attending matches
- Suspended or fined by the County FA
- Required to leave, lose my position, and/or have my licence withdrawn